Breaking News

Asia Today ISSN 1861-4604 Sunday, February 25, 2018

Headline

North Korea says it is preparing for nuclear strike against United States

Military from defense mode to attack mode

Share on Facebook August 15, 2016, Reporter : Big News Network, Reader : 434

news

SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea says it is preparing for a preemptive nuclear strike against the United States.> Big News Network

The country says it has switched the status of its military from defense mode to attack mode.

The deployment by the United States of three B-52 stealth bombers to Andersen Air Force Base at Guam earlier this week has unnerved the North Korean regime which said Saturday the deployment was preparation for a planned nuclear strike on North Korea.

The government said if it it sees any sign an invasion underway it will launch a nuclear strike against the U.S.

The Yonhap news agency based in Seoul in South Korea confirmed the Nortth Korean government statement which it picked up from the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA), the North Korean official news agency.

"The U.S. attempt to invade the DPRK (Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea) is getting evermore reckless," KCNA said in a signed commentary.

The U.S. Air Force says it deployed the 3 B-52 to Guam on Tuesday, largely because of the recent rhetoric coming out of North Korea. Pyongyang however believes the United States is preparing for a pre-emptive nuclear strike.

"The U.S. evermore undisguised reinforcement of the nuclear force goes to clearly prove that it is trying to make a preemptive nuclear strike at the DPRK a fait accompli," said the commentary.

Warning that it could strike first, North Korea said: "The right to make a preemptive nuclear strike is not the monopoly of the U.S."

"The DPRK revolutionary armed forces switched from their existing mode of military counter-action to the mode of a preemptive strike to cope with the enemy's ridiculous military hysteria to undermine its sovereignty and right to existence," the KCNA statement said. "All their operational groups are fully ready to deal a merciless and annihilating blow to the enemy if they make even the slightest provocation," it added.

Saturday's developments coincide with an acceleration of conscription in North Korea. The government has introduced a new recruitment regulation which requires all men aged up to their mid-30s, who have dodged military service in the past, to now join up.

University students, factory workers, and men with families have been exempted in the past. They are now getting call-up notices to report for physical examinations.

Source: Big News Network

More Euro Asia news of the month

Photos North Korea befriends Seoul fearing pre-emptive U.S. strike

WASHINGTON, U.S. - Experts believe that North Korea is suddenly anxious about a pre-emptive U.S. strike, and hence is opening up...

Photos Kim Jong Un’s sister stole focus from Pence at the Olympics

PYEONGCHANG, South Korea - At the Winter Olympics in South Korea, before the opening ceremony, all eyes were trained on how a possible...

Photos What stole the focus at the Winter Olympics opening ceremony

PYEONGCHANG, South Korea - Many moments stole the show on Friday when the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea kicked of...

Photos After months of secrecy, North Korea holds military parade

PYONGYANG, North Korea - After being notoriously secret about a major military parade that it had been planning for months, North Korea...

Photos The role of Berlin embassy in North Korea’s nuclear program

BERLIN, Germany - In a shocking revelation, Germany's head of intelligence revealed in an interview that North Korea has been using...

Photos How North Korea earned millions by flouting UN sanctions

NEW YORK, U.S. - A confidential report put together by a panel of experts revealed that North Korea had managed to make a whopping $200...

Photos North Korea aims to charm as Olympics preparations begin

SEOUL, South Korea - As preparations are being made for next month's Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, the two Koreas too are immersed...

Photos War or peace? North Korea gives U.S. two options in 2018

PYONGYANG, North Korea - Beginning the New Year with the warning that it wouldn’t give up its nuclear program, the North Korean...

Photos No force can stop us: North Korea won’t end nuclear program

PYONGYANG, North Korea - Defiant in its stance, North Korea issued a statement on Saturday, claiming that it would remain committed to...

Flying Reimagined

Stock Index

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Life Style

Photo Gallery

FEUILLETON